How to Migrate WordPress Website From One Host to Another
As website traffic grow, migration of website from a cheap and low traffic hosting to a reliable one becomes essential. It helps retain website visitors and also builds trusts to tour visitor towards your website. Today, we will learn how to transfer / migrate a WordPress website to a new hosting provider. After reading this tutorial, you will be proficient in migrating your website from one host to the other.
This tutorial uses Hostinger web hosting to transfer a WP website into another host.
- Backup your WordPress website and export the database. If you don’t have contents to backup, you can proceed directly to step 2.
- Login to your Cpanel and go to database; here, click on MySQL databases.
- Click on Create a New MySQL Database and Database User.
- At MySQL database name, enter a new name for your database; e.g. word, mywp, etc.
- At MySQL username, enter your new username; e.g. admin, myadmin, etc.
- Now, at Password field, enter your new password. It is better to have at least 10 letter password with at least one special character such as $, #, @, * etc OR you can click on generate password to get a strong machine generated password.
- After filling all the fields, proceed to Create button.
- You can view your new database, username and host.
- Click on + symbol on the left of your database name.
- Now, click on phpMyAdmin.
- Click on Import button at the top of phpMyAdmin page.
- Click on Choose file button to select and import the file you backed up earlier at step 1.
- Click on Go button at the bottom of page.
- Waiting for few seconds to minutes depending upon your internet speed, you can view the tables of the database uploaded.
- Upload your WordPress file using file transfer protocol such as FileZilla. You can learn that HERE.
- Edit wp-config.php file as mentioned HERE.
- Click on Auto Installer inside the website section of Hostinger.
- Finally, you can view the uploaded file of WordPress.
- Click on your website URL on the box and you will be redirected to the Login page of your WordPress website.
If done with patience, this takes no more than 15 minutes and you will have a nicely running WP website in no time.
If you are still having problem with Migrating your WP website, we can assist you in doing so. Please leave a comment for more.
Be calm and keep reading our tutorials for learning WordPress in-depth.